Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Meeting Jon

Last night, Theresa, Dustin, and I went to the Iron Horse Pub and Restaurant for a political rally for U.S. Senate candidate Jon Tester. He spoke to a packed house of supporters, encouraging everyone to talk to their undecided friends about the need for change in Washington D.C. I got to meet Jon and he's a real blue collar guy who wants to bring much needed integrity back to the federal government. After the rally we went downstairs and had a nice relaxing meal. We are planning to attend another upcoming Tester rally in Missoula the night before the election.

Things have continued to go very well here and I fully consider myself a Missoulian and Montanan. There always seems like there's something to go do and I really like that a lot. Last week we attended a Q & A for the local folks running for state legislative offices. It was a good opportunity to learn about some of the upcoming disability issues that will be addressed in the upcoming session of the Montana Legislature.

This week has been a little quiet but it's really nice sometimes to be at home. I had a slight problem with my wheelchair tilt and the wheelchair guy was out to fix that problem for me. I'm also awaiting the arrival of my computer. This will allow me to be online a little bit more then I have been in the previous weeks.

There's not a lot else to report in this entry but I will be posting another entry very soon. Until next time, take care.

Mark

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well you you may think you are a montanan but don't forget where you came from :) Love you lots and Miss you!! Went to a wedding in Kansas City with Dan we had an amazing time Kansas City was fun but the wedding was a blast and the bars are open till 3 am so you can just imagine how I was after leaving the bars...lets just say out of control!! :) Love you lots! Nichole

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update, always ck. to see if you write. Mark I am so glad that you like it and are happy in Montana, and you get to go so much more then you did here.Theresa and Dustin keep you hopping. Take care.
Ione

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are making the most of every day. Good for you!

Carolgene

Anonymous said...

Mark,
I'm not quite sure how this "blog stuff" goes. If I choose Anonymous it goes through, but if I do Blogger, nothing happens.

Educate me!

Carolgene

Anonymous said...

How do you handle the cold and snow with your WC? I use a manual WC and hate cold weather. I live in Dallas, TX and it is even to cold for me here, but friends are here so I stay. I moved to Florida about three years ago, and loved the warm winters, but it was not home.