Friday, May 13, 2005

Northern Plains Vent Support Network

Mother Nature has been playing some tricks on the upper Midwest this week. The return of wintry weather has been a reminder that North Dakota weather is truly unpredictable. Oh well, I’m sure Spring will return very shortly. Sorry there hasn't been a post in awhile but things have kept me busy.

During the past several weeks, I have been working on a very special project. I have started a support group called the Northern Plains Vent Support Network or NPVSN for short.

The motivation for starting a regional support group is very simple. I want to network and share experiences with other folks that know what its like being on a ventilator. Living in a rural area with specialized needs can be an isolating experience at times. Hopefully this new support group can bridge some of these gaps

The NPVSN will have a newsletter and email group to discuss the things that are important to vent users and their families/caregivers. Eventually there will be a website also. It is exciting and challenging to work on something like this but I believe there is great potential to do some good.

I will post updates from time to time on the progression of this new endeavor. Until next time.

The Nodakwheeler

No comments: