Friday, March 23, 2007

Sunny Springtime



Spring has officially sprung here in Missoula and it's great to have the days getting longer. Tomorrow it's supposed to be near 70 and I plan to spend the afternoon outside. I'm sure the Pugs will be enjoying the sunshine with me.

Today my little Harley got spayed and had some nasal surgery. She did great and is at home resting comfortably. I'm very attached to her and I missed her a bunch last night.

I recently finished up the paperwork for ordering my new chair. It's a relief to have this step done and hopefully my chair will be here in 6-8 weeks. I've had some great folks helping me get every detail just right and I'm grateful for their assistance.

My trach situation is about the same but last Friday we did try my new Bivona trach. The Bivona trach is made out of flexible silicone and it will be much more comfortable for me. Changing my new trach went just fine but it leaked really bad so we had to go back to the other one. The main problem I believe was that the new trach was too small and/or curved at an awkward angle. Anywho I'm scheduled to see my ENT in early April to get the kinks worked out.

I celebrated my first St. Patrick's Day here in Missoula and it was very enjoyable. We went to the Home & Garden show which was at the University fieldhouse. There was some neat stuff but alot of it was the standard home improvement fare. The coolest thing at the show was these custom hand hammered sinks which came in a variety of styles. After the show we went out the Blue Canyon for a few drinks. Was very nice and relaxing. We then came home and had the traditional corn beef for dinner.

Before I end this weeks post I wanted to share Dustin's blog page. You can see his Speaking for the Dead blog at http://speaking4thedead.blogspot.com/

That's all for this week. Enjoy these recent Pug pictures and take care.

Mark

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My what a hansome man with the hair cut and beard, it really looks great Mark.
Boy what a gloomy 2 days we have had, no sunshine, suppose to get snow.
It is so good to see how happy you are, and the pugs sure like you. Am glad to hear you are getting a new chair and that the track is working good. Untill next time, Ione