Monday, April 16, 2007

Upcoming Visit

There is a strong feeling of excitement this week as I wait for my family to arrive in town Friday for a visit. This will be the first time my whole family has come to Missoula and it will be great having them here. Hoping the weather will be nice but you never know what spring in Montana can bring. I'll post some pictures of our visit on next weeks edition.

I spent last week getting my college admissions stuff together. Applying to college was something I've dreamed about for some time but never in a million years did I think the dream would be in reach. This fall it is my intention to attend the University of Montana and start the work towards a possible major in Journalism. This whole upcoming process will be a lot of work but the experience will be worth it.

The Bivona trach saga is continuing and we are trying to find a good solution. The manufacturer doesn't think they can make my custom trach to the specs we ordered. We're continuing to work with Bivona to see if we can resolve this current hurdle and get the trach that will best fit my needs.

Tomorrow afternoon Dustin and I will be visiting MonTech to try out the Brain Fingers system. Brain Fingers are a headband you wear and supposedly it allows a person with a disability to operate a computer by thought. I'm really excited to try out this technology and see if it lives up to it's claim. Definitely more on this trial demo next week.

That's the news this week from western Montana. I'll return next week after my family's visit with the latest from Missoula.

Peace,

Mark

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully,Brain Fingers will be the latest addition to your "family". Montech is a cool place.Shyla

Anonymous said...

Hi Mark, boy I bet you are excited, that is so nice for you to see your family. Am so happy for all the new and good things that are going for you, and Mark you are so deserving and you work so hard to achieve your goals. Will be looking forward to all the pictures. We are all so proud of you Mark,and it is so great you are enrolling in college. Ione

Anonymous said...

Well it is awesome to hear you are enrolling in college. I hate to admit it but, you will do great because you have the smarts to achieve so much. Look how far you have come already. Especially that journalism is your subject, you have so much good to say and positve work to be done. Well see you soon. Bec

Anonymous said...

Mark....what a great message for all of us. I am so proud of you for living your life to the fullest! You are a perfect example of what can be accomplished with drive and determination! Thanks for sharing a slice of your life with us! Take care.....Jo Burdick