Monday, September 17, 2007

A naughty Pug

A funny thing happened on the way to the lab on Friday. Theresa and I stopped by the post office on the way, to pick up a package. I stayed out in the van with Kari while Theresa went inside.

She may be our littlest Pug but boy does she have quite the independent, curious and stubborn personality. Right after Theresa went inside; Kari excitedly stood up on the driver’s seat doing her where’s momma routine. While she was looking out the window, I heard a very distinct click. Yep the little stinker bumped the lock and entrapped us both in the van.

Theresa came back to the vehicle and tried opening the door. I just smiled as she gave me her you have to be kidding look. She was in total disbelief that this innocent little canine was capable of such a feat.

Luckily there was a security guard outside the Federal building doing his rounds. He came over to see what he could do and it was decided that a locksmith would be to be called. In less than 10 minutes he came to our rescue.

It turns out that dogs do this quite often and this particular locksmith has gotten several calls exactly like ours. He was a great guy and he helped us get back on our way. The good news was that my blood work at the lab turned out excellent. No more pokes until next month!

School continues to go very well and it sure does make the weeks fly by. Mass media is my favorite class and I find the lectures to be quite interesting. The media in this country has a detailed history and I enjoy learning about it. I’m definitely convinced that I picked the right major in Journalism.

English composition has turned out to be the hardest class but I’m managing just fine with all the writing so far. We’ve had our first big assignment and it’s writing a 1000 word personal essay. It shouldn’t be too hard but starting is always my biggest hurdle.

My parents will be visiting me during homecoming weekend and I can’t wait. It will be great to show them around the university during this festive weekend. We always have a great time with Theresa and Dustin.

That’s all for now, but I’ll be back soon with yet another update. Take care until then.

Peace,

Mark

Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
Theodore Roosevelt

7 comments:

Jenn said...

Glad someone was able to unlock you too! Silly little pug.

Anonymous said...

I would think your assignment about a personal essay would be easy!! You can take your blogs and just put them into essay form!! :) Best wishes!!

-- MO VR Counselor

Anonymous said...

Glad that Life is great!! Shyla

Anonymous said...

I have an idea! Maybe Theresa should get a child protection seat for the pugs, when you travel with them:-)Sure lookiing forward to seeing everyone in a few days. Good luck with your upcoming exams!
Love Mom

Philip. said...

What a clever little dog :-)

Anonymous said...

Mark, happiness is college and all your new friends you meet along the way, esp. Theresa and Dustin, and of course the PUGS, even if they lock the door. Suppose your parents are with you now and you all are having a great time. Mark there just arn't any words that I can think of to tell you HOW HAPPY DUANE AND I ARE FOR YOU, that all your dreams be fullfilled.
HAPPY HOME COMING. Ione

Jason G said...

At least your Pug didn't take the van out of park!