Monday, May 26, 2008

Relaxin



The first week of summer school is finished and I'm enjoying the extended Memorial Day weekend. It's the unofficial start of the summer season but you can't tell by the cool and rainy weather we’ve been having. Oh well at least I've been able to catch up on my Netflix.

My poetry class has been pretty interesting and we wrapped up our brief study of ancient Japanese poetry. I have a haiku due on Tuesday along with a couple of essays to read. The homework is at a pretty relaxed pace and that’s great for a summer class. I’m not sure what my next recitation will be but I think I’ll stick with something contemporary.

Things are pretty quiet around here for Memorial Day. We’re going to grill some hot dogs today and have some pasta salad, chips, etc. It’s a good way to relax on this day of remembrance and break from the weekday rush.

It’s time for me to get out of bed but I’ll try to post a video blog sometime this week. Have a safe and fun Memorial Day and enjoy the clip of one of my favorite George Jones songs.

Peace…Mark

Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. -- John F. Kennedy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing that video - very cool