Tuesday, September 02, 2008

A great start...

The last unofficial weekend of summer has come and gone.  As luck would have it the weather was cool, cloudy and rainy.  It's not the first cruddy Labor Day I've been through and it gave me a opportunity to do some studying.  The rain has been great and it should help bring an  early end to the 2008 fire season.

School got underway last Monday and I had a good starting week.  The classes will be a little more challenging than last year but I feel prepared for that.  My first class of the morning is contemporary math and it doesn't seem that bad.  It's geared towards majors where math is a basic requirement and it deals with current issues in mathematics.  The first few chapters are timely as they deal with elections and the various types of voting systems.  I'm so happy this is my final math class and I plan to celebrate when this one is over :-)

The second class I have is Montana History.  It's a big lecture class and it looks to be quite interesting.  I'm a history buff and it will be great to learn more about Montana.  We have 4 books to read this semester and each book is tied to a specific period in Montana history.  The first book is quite good and the other 3 sound like they won't be too bad.  

The last on campus class I have is Great Traditions (Ethics).  This will be my most challenging class I have and it requires a great deal of complex reading.  It's centered around the classic works of Aristotle, Kant, Mills and Nietzsche.  We have a great professor and he makes the lectures very enjoyable which definitely is a plus.  I hope I won't be gaining a bunch of gray hair with this class.  The first exam will be a pretty good indicator.

It's nice to have only two days of school this week.  Gives me a chance to get ahead in the game.  Friday I'm helping out the College Dems with voter registration and that should be fun.  Hopefully many students will get involved and exercise their right to vote.  The future of our country is at stake and we face severe consequences if we don't change where things are headed.

That's it for my first update of September.  I'm hoping to check out Hemp Fest this weekend and if I go I'll take my camera along.  

Peace.....Mark

No comments: