Wednesday, August 18, 2004

A Windy Day

Today it is partly cloudy and windy here in the land of Nodak. I guess you never know what to expect in the weather department.

I have been writing an article for the next IVUN newsletter. It deals with the barriers that I and my felllow vent users face from the medical system in the U.S. It's frustrating when a person chooses a vent to keep on living but in many cases must leave their own home for an instituition to get care. How can this be happening in the great land of freedom? We must look for ways for all people to be included in society and not be separated from it. Things will stay as they are unless we as people with disabilities demand better.

I plan on posting my article here when it arrives in the next IVUN newsletter.

Tne Nodakwheeler

No comments: