Monday, December 13, 2004

Legislative Working Group

Friday I went to city hall for the first meeting of the Jamestown Legislative Working Group. The working groups around the state deal with disability issues that will be dealt with during the 2005 legislative session. It was a small group but the meeting was well worth attending.

The two Representatives that serve the Jamestown district were in attendance. I learned a little more on the legislative process and was able to tell my elected officials about my situation of wanting to receive home based medical care.

This upcoming session should be interesting. There is potential to change things greatly for North Dakotans with disabilities. I will post updates regularly throughout the session on how it's going with the legislation that I'm helping to get passed.

The Nodakwheeler

No comments: