Tuesday, December 21, 2004

My band of brothers

Recently I joined a internet support group for adult guys with Duchenne's. There are alot of folks on this group that have beat the odds that the medical establishment have set upon us. Many of us in this group are vent users that are battling to keep on thriving and surviving against our disabilities.

Even though I've only known these guys a short time and may never meet them in person, I consider them my band of brothers.

They are there for me when I need to talk about the many issues that my disability brings up. I can't put into words what it means to talk to others who have been in my shoes. There is an understanding there that no one but someone affected by Duchenne's can fully understand.

These guys have demonstrated a tremendous will and they inspire me to fight on. I guess that’s what brother's are for.

I want to extend Season's Greetings to everyone. It's my hope that everyone will have a safe and joyous Christmas.

The Nodakwheeler

No comments: