Tuesday, February 14, 2006

A New Road

Life has a funny way about it. We never know where life will take us or what tomorrow will hold in store. Everyday we go a little bit farther on the path we tread but sometimes we must explore a new direction.

Many of you know that I've been fighting very hard to get out of the nursing home and return to living in the community. I've had many great advocates fighting on my behalf to get the state of North Dakota to accommodate my needs in the community. Sadly, the battle hasn't gone like I've wanted it too and the state of North Dakota is showing no cooperation whatsoever in freeing me from the nursing home.

Sometimes when life seems stuck in neutral, all of a sudden new opportunities come along. Over the last several months, things have been developing and a new exciting possibility has been in the works.

There is a big change on the horizon for me. I've made the decision to move to Montana this May. I'll be trying a community based living arrangement that will hopefully give me the independence and opportunities I've been wanting for a very long time. It hasn't been an easy decision by any means but living in a nursing home will not give me what I want out of life.

I have great family and friends that have shown me love and support for quite a few years now. There have been many ups and downs but the love and support shown has always carried me through. This love and support will stay in my heart no matter where I call home.

The next several months will be a busy time for me. Lots to do but I'll keep posting updates. Have a great day and Happy Valentines Day.

Mark

No comments: