Monday, May 01, 2006

Brayden Visits


The time for my new journey to begin is getting close at hand. It's a very strange, exciting, and nervous feeling to know in 14 days that I'll be living outside the nursing home. I believe my return to independence will be a smooth one and I can't wait to for things to begin.

Yesterday my uncle and aunt stopped through Jamestown along with my cousin's little boy Brayden. He is such a sweet, cute and loving 18 month old. He's an active little guy that loves to explore and he's also quite the talker. We had some pizza together before they left and it sure was nice seeing them all. I had to share his picture on my post today.

I've had a great response to my article in last weeks paper. Many people have wished me well and that means so much to me. It's also important that people know why I must leave this state to live independently. It's great to have the opportunity to keep telling my story to as many people as I can. I'm just 1 situation but it must be remembered that there are many others who are stuck in nursing homes waiting for their independence.

This week will the last week of relative calm for me. There's a bit of packing to be done and some more good byes to be said. I'm also preparing for Theresa and Dustin to visit from MT during the week before my departure. More on them next week.

Time to get going for the day. I'll be going to the Kiwanis pancake feed today with my family. Should be a nice time on a rainy Monday. Rain has been great over the weekend and it's sure greening things up.

Peace,

Mark

1 comment:

smilesnzz said...

Hi Mark..

I a video clip of you about wanting to move into your own place and get some independence. I just found your blog and am happy to hear you are moving out soon!! Congrats and way to go. My friend who also has DMD, he's 30yrs old too and uses a Bipap. He lives in group community housing with 3 other people with a disability, around his age too. It's 24 hr care too.

Jenn