Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Goodbye ND

There are 5 days to go until my departure and the last minute preparations are in full swing. This will be the last post until I'm in Missoula. I may be away from the computer for a brief period of time but will return with news on my arrival and maybe a few pictures too.

Yesterday I had the pleasure of meeting Kevin Wallevand from WDAY-TV out of Fargo ND. He came out to do an interview on my going to Montana to get out of the nursing home. Kevin is a top notch journalist and I'm positive that this story will expose to many how North Dakota treats some of it's citizens with disabilities. My story was the lead last night on the news and what a great feeling to speak out on how unjust the system is here.

Theresa and Dustin had planned to spend the week here in Jamestown but there was something that came up preventing their journey east. They are eagerly awaiting my arrival on Tuesday and I can hardly wait to get there and meet everyone. Will be a wonderful feeling to roll out of the van and take a breath of mountain air.

Next couple days will be busy with packing, getting the van, getting needed supplies and saying goodbyes. The love and support that has been shown to me by family, friends, and complete strangers has been so amazing and uplifting. It helps knowing that many people are wishing me the very best in all that is ahead for me.

Goodbye for now North Dakota. Montana, ready or not here I come ;-)

Peace,

Mark

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mark...I for one want you to know what a breath of fresh air you are and how much I have learned from you. You are only as far away as the key pad which will help all of us stay in touch with you on a regular basis. I wish you the VERY BEST on your new journey. Donene

Anonymous said...

Hey Mark. Good luck to you on your journey to freedom! We will be thinking about you and here when you get back online.