Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Monday




Memorial Day is here and it marks the unofficial start of my first summer here in Missoula. It's shaping up to be a busy summer and I'm sure I'll be sitting in class before I know it.

On Saturday night we went to the Adams Center to attend a performance of the famous Lipizzaner Stallions. It was an incredible show and the talent of these horses is truly amazing. The Lipizzaner's originated from Austria and they were mostly used as war horses during the Renaissance. They are born a brown color but at around 10 years of age they complete their transformation to white. The Stallions are trained daily for several years before they are eligible to perform.

I thought I'd start attempting to bring a bit of technology to my blog. This post has a brief YouTube video we took during the performance. I was surprised at how easy it was to put together and I look forward to putting more video of my adventures here. I have yet to experiment with shooting on our digital video camera. There's a cable I need to buy and then I can edit the video on my computer.

Last week I finally got my new custom trach. There are still problems and unfortunately I need to visit another ENT to figure out the trach mess and how we're going to treat my ulcer. Dealing with this has gotten old but hopefully this new doctor will have some new ideas.

The Pugs are all doing good and Ugga is doing great after getting spayed last Tuesday. She's back to her frisky self and on Friday she'll get her stitches out. Our old guy is getting a wheelchair from Doggon' Wheels over in Bozeman. I'm sure he'll be rolling all over the house and looking for trouble.

Happy Memorial Day and I hope everyone has a safe and fun summer season!

Peace,

Mark

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mark, my goodness how great you look, you are sitting up so straight, you made the right move mark, we are so happy for you. You also look much better, could'nt believe the change we saw. Are you going to college in Missoula. You are such an INSPIRATION to others, we are proud to know you Mark and wish you all the very best.
Ione

Anonymous said...

WOW..Great video!! It looked like you were right down there in the arena with the horses!!

Like the previous post stated...you are an inspiration. I have never met you but through your blogs I have such great respect for you and your endeavors. You are making things happend!! School will be a challenge but based on your writings, you have never let a challenge stop you!! Keep the posts (pics and video) coming!! --MO VR Counselor