Monday, November 19, 2007

Let it snow!


Winter roared in with a fury last night and we now have over a foot of fluffy snow on the ground. There are many powerlines down around the area and luckily the power has stayed on at our place. I've included some pictures of what we woke up to this morning.

I'm another week closser to winter break and there's so much to do. My list includes: doing the final edits for my English Comp. portfolio, a Powerpoint presentation in Study Skills, and a research paper in Anthropology. Oh yeah I need to study for finals too :-) At least this work will keep me out of trouble! School has been an awesome experience and I'm looking forward to Spring semester.

I've had a little time to relax the past couple of weeks. We went to a performance of "Sister Mary Ignatius Explains It All for You" (a Missoula Reperatory Theatre production) a week or so ago. Sister Mary was a funny, smart satire of Catholic dogma that played to a full house. The cast was amazingly talented and I'm looking foward to the next production in February.

I'd like to wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving and safe travels to those of you who will be traveling. We'll be hitting the road Thursday and driving out to Superior to spend the day with Dustin's family. Hopefully Mother Nature will cooperate for us. Til next week....

Peace,

Mark

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mark, Boy you have really got the snow, happy to say we don't have any====as of now, but we know it is coming.
You are a busy man with all your subjects, was it hard to learn how to study again, just wondering as it has been so long since you had to study. I guess it never leaves you. MarK A VERY BLESSED AND HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU. until next time Ione

Anonymous said...

Hi Mark, Hope all is well in Missoula!! We got hammered by the snow too in Great Falls!! Work is gong ok,I guess! Happy Thanksgiving to you, Dustin, Theresa and the pugs!! Shyla

Anonymous said...

Hi Mark:

All I can say about the snow is better you guys than me.

You never cease to amaze me with your strength and perserverance and when Jacob now 7 is old enough to understand what is going on with him I hope that you don't mind if I use you as a role model for him.

Have a wonderful and Happy Thanksgiving and good luck on your exams!

Donna, Jacob's Mommom

Cindy said...

We got our first dusting of snow here in MA. Not looking forward to a long cold winter. We are driving the Albany, NY for the holiday. A long drive with the 3 boys, but better than cooking;-) Have a nice Thanksgiving Mark.

Anonymous said...

Mark, T, and Dustin:

Have a very blessed Thanksgiving everyone. We have SO much to be thankful for, don't we? Glad to hear, Mark, that you love school like you do - doesn't surprise me a bit. I'm sure the professors admire your skills, personality and wit. Thanks for your informative blogs..........take care now.

And the snow - pretty in the pictures......at YOUR place :-)

Jeri Kaiser

Jenn said...

Wow look at all that snow!!