Thursday, November 08, 2007

Return of the Rocket Man


Elton John dazzled Missoula during homecoming weekend and unfortunately we weren’t able to get any tickets. When Elton left town, we were certain our only chance to see him had come and gone.

Recently it was announced that the Rocket Man would be playing an encore performance in Missoula this coming April. Tickets went on sale last Monday and again they quickly sold out. This time though we got lucky and managed to get tickets! We’re stoked about seeing Elton in concert and the long wait will be worth it.

School is starting to drag a bit and the pressure is definitely building. So much to do and 4 weeks to get it all accomplished. Oh well, it will make winter break that much more enjoyable. I got an A on my last exams in Study Skills and Mass Media. My Anthropology exam was last Tuesday and it was a killer. Fingers are crossed on that one.

I’ve started my research paper for English Comp. and it’s looking to be a pretty good challenge. I decided to write about the conglomeration of today’s media companies and how it’s negatively affecting Journalism. We’ll see how that works out :-)

My new trach is causing a few problems and we’re trying to get to the bottom of things. Hopefully it’s not new irritation but we’re giving it a few days before we go back to the doctor. I’m just hoping that we won’t be going back to square one.

That’s the news from the week gone by here in Big Sky country. Take care and have a great weekend!

Mark

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Conrats on Elton &Tool Tix. Unfortunately, I ,Shyla, was not so lucky for Elton Tix, but there's always Vegas!! Glad to hear that school is going well I am taking a trip to Hawaii in March and Iam already planning for spring in DC. Hopefully,I will have great budget by then!! I'll probably be overeating MAC & Cheese!! Miss you, dustin,and T! Shyla

Anonymous said...

Mark...I was looking back at your old blogs and am again amazed at how far you have come. Three years ago you were writing about going to talk with the nursing program at Jamestown about your vent use....and now you are in college writing about the media and journalism and going to Elton John concerts!! You have come so far and you should be proud of your accomplishments. I think in one of your old blogs you talked about wanting to advocate and encourage individuals with disability to take charge and become all they could be....I think you are a living example of that. You are an inspiration!! Keep up the good work!!

--MO DVR Counselor

Anonymous said...

Hey bro! So school is starting to drag. Keep up the hard work! I know you can do it. How exciting that you got tickets to Elton John! That definatley will be a great concert. Well keep studying and talk to you soon. Bec

Anonymous said...

Hey Mark,I haven't seen a post in a while and of course you 'll post one this weekend!! But seeing as it is your First Cat/Griz or GriZ/CAT football weekend, I hope you enjoy it!! As an MSU alumnae, I have to say Go Cats!!

Cindy said...

That should be quite a show! That's awesome that you get tickets. Elton John, the superstar of the 70's! He still looks good.

Jenn said...

Elton John - how cool!!! Glad you were able to get tickets!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mark!

I read your posts when the reminder shows on the DMD yahoo group. My son Ash, age 10, has several things in common with you -- he's a writer (The Adventures of Super Max), a pug lover (black gal named Starlight, 1.5 years), and living with DMD.

I love reading your posts and thank you for blogging. The connection, although cyber, adds to my life as a Mom (and content manager) who lives a life with DMD (via Ash) as fully as possible. Thank you for your adult perspective and media involvement.

Best!
Kim Brittenham