Thursday, December 20, 2007

The tree is up, packages & cards have been mailed and my door is covered with the cards I've received from friends & family. Christmas is almost here again and it's the 2nd one since my release from the nursing home. It still feels a little strange to be away from my family during the holiday season. I guess that's the price paid for the great things that have happened to me during the last 15 months. We are planning to spend Christmas Eve here in East Missoula and I think were traveling out to Superior for Christmas Day. By the sound of the weekend forecast, we stand a great chance of a white Christmas. That would sure be nice.

Being on break from school has been great and it's been nice to recharge the batteries. I've been renting movies, reading books, catching up on email and enjoying afternoon naps with the Pugs. Not a bad way to spend time I must say. My semester grades have been emailed to me and I was fortunate to pull A's in all my classes. School has definitely been a good fit for me and even though things will become gradually harder, it's nice to get off to a positive start.

My trach situation has improved and hopefully we've resolved this matter. My ENT thought my bleeding and discomfort was possibly from lack of sufficient humidity during this extremely dry time of year. We've added in a few more breathing treatments and they seem to have done the trick. I’m hoping this marks the end of my trach troubles.

Before I end this week’s entry, I'd like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Have a safe and enjoyable time next week. I’ll return soon with my 2007 wrap up.

Peace,

Mark

"A man can be as great as he wants to be. If you believe in yourself and have the courage, the determination, the dedication, the competitive drive and if you are willing to sacrifice the little things in life and pay the price for the things that are worthwhile, it can be done." -- Vince Lombardi

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope that you are having a great break! Congratulations all your hard work and great grades! Happy holidays and Merry Christmas! Shyla

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Mark, and I wish you a blessed and wonderful New Year!! Keep the updates coming!! It is wonderful to see the changes in your life!! Best wishes!!

MO DVR Counselor

Anonymous said...

Mark,
So happy for you, and knew with all the hard work and effort, you would reap good grades.
Sounds like you are enjoying your break and certainly deserve it.
Veru proud of you Mark.
Love you,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Mark, what can I say, you are such REMARKABLE person.I read the article you wrote, now I know why you got all A'. Keep it up Mark;
Duane and I will spend Christmas alone as Doene and Erika with the new baby don't want to travel at this time of year, and we don't want them to, they live in Kentucky. We will go there after the 1st of the year. A BLESSED CHRISTMAS AND MUCH HAPPINESS IN 2008. aLL OUR lOVE AND PRAYERS.
DUANE AND IONE