Friday, July 18, 2008





It's been a week of fantastic summer weather here in Big Sky Country and I've been enjoying every minute of it.  We  are now in our dry season here in Missoula and its beginning to show.  Fire season is upon us and we were quickly reminded of that when Mt. Sentinal caught fire last week.  350+ acres were burned in the fire but it was put out fairly quick with the assistance of a bucket carrying helicopter.  Thankfully nobody was hurt and no property was lost.  I've included a few pictures of the fire in this post.

I went to the Steve Earle concert at the University Theater last Saturday night.  I've enjoyed Steve's music for a long time and it was great to finally get to catch him live.  His mix of folk, blues, and rock didn't disappoint and the crowd cheered intensely after each song.  Many of the songs dealt with our criminal in chief AKA Dubya and how our civil rights and beloved democracy have been trampled on during the past 8 years.  So many Americans are fed up with the status quo and needless to say Steve's songs of protest were well received at Saturday's show.

Yesterday we went over to Norco to fine tune my new backrest and we made some significant progress.  They ended up trimming away much of the left support and that was fine because I wasn't using much of it anyway.  This made getting me into my chair much easier and the backrest still holds me great.  The backrest went back to Denver for some more fabrication but it should be back to us in a week or so.  I can't wait!  

Here ends another update but I'll be back next week with another installment.  I'll fill you in then on a new hobby that I'm giving a whirl.  Stay well until then...Mark

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those were pretty good pictures of the fire. Thank goodness there were no damages to property or lives. I told you, I think, that Steve Earl is performing at the Fargo Theatre in the near future. Also Jonny Lang.
Love, Mom

Nick said...

I LOVE that steve earle video, that is such a cool guitar (what is it?)

Thanks so much for spreading music that doesn't suck!

Nick

Anonymous said...

Hey Mark,
Hope your lung issues get better.. I was actually in Missoula last weekend, and will be going again. I need your phone number and address so I can make arrangements to come and see you... Talk to you soon.. Send it via email if you can..
Terri (your old nursey)....