Friday, July 11, 2008



I've returned from a wonderful vacation to North Dakota and boy it feels good to be home. It was good to go back east and visit family & friends that I haven't seen in ages. Here's a brief wrap up of the trip.

The trip back to North Dakota went really good and there were no glitches along the way. This made for fairly easy travelling which was really nice. We spent the first night of the trip in Miles City and that went ok. Motel 6 is one of the few chains where I can get my lift under the bed but the mattress was nothing to write home about. Oh well before I knew it morning arrived and we were on the road again.

The excitement kept building as the miles went by and I was glad to be returning to Jamestown a liberated man. It was a strange feeling as we made our way through the town that I left behind for a wonderful new life. Things looked good around town and it was just good to be home.

I crammed in as much as humanly possible during these few days and had a good time doing it. Besides visiting with my friends and family, I did many other things while home. I went up to see the famous Jamestown buffalo, hung out at a street dance, saw some spectacular 4th of July fireworks, ate out at one of the new restaurants in town and finished up by attending the big 125th anniversary parade.

One of the big highlights of being back home was getting to see my grandparents. We were able to spend a great afternoon together and nothing could have been better than that. My mom provided some awesome home cooking which made the day perfect.

The week went by so fast but I was ready to get going back to Missoula. It was a 13 hour long drive back home but it’s a great feeling to have a life of freedom waiting for me. We pulled in around early evening and all the Pugs were at the gate chomping at the bit to welcome me. I think they missed me!

I want to thank my family for taking care of me all week and for putting up with me. This trip wouldn’t have been possible without your efforts.

On a sad note, we are mourning the passing of Theresa’s mom this week. She passed away Monday and she’ll definitely be missed by those whose life she touched. These moments in life are hard to get through but we will support each other and get through it. Please keep us all in your thoughts and prayers.

Peace…Mark

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is hard to believe, after waiting for months, that your trip back home has come and gone. It was a wonderful time, but went too fast. Enjoyed your video very much, you did a nice job. It was a week full of visiting and doing things, making it an enjoyable time. Hope you have caught up with some sleep and relaxation (with the pugs of course):-) Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Mark, am so sorry we missed seeing you, but it looks like we would have had a hard tine catching up to you, looks like you were really on the move. I bet the pugs were happy to see you on your return. Take care Mark and maybe your next journey to ND we will see you.
God Bless
Ione