Thursday, December 11, 2008

Winter arrives/NIN



It's a frigid Sunday morning here in Missoula with the mercury currently at -4. We fortunately ducked the worst of the weekend blizzard and only got a few inches of the white stuff. As I look out the window, Mt. Jumbo has a nice thin blanket of snow on it. I must say it looks much better than the drab brown color we've been looking at. The pugs aren't impressed by this weather and they are in snuggle mode until further notice :-)

Well the semester has officially drawn to a close but it's not over for me yet. I had to postpone two of my exams until early January because of the pain my kidneys have recently been dishing out. Speaking of my kidneys, they are scheduled to be blasted with shock waves on December 19th. Not my idea of a fun at Christmas but it needs to be handled. Hopefully the procedure will break up my stones on the first attempt and we won't be looking at doing this a second time.

Winter break will be nice but I won't be idle for too long. Starting on January 5th, I'll be taking an online Photoshop course and I figured this would be a great way to pick up some fast credits. The course only lasts for two weeks and it should be helpful in my journalistic pursuits. I really don't have any other plans for break besides catching up on my Netflix.

I caught the Nine Inch Nails show as they made a stop in Missoula last Tuesday. They are much harder and intense than the music I usually listen but I thought they put on a great show. Reznor's vocals were awesome and his musical prowess on a variety of instruments was amazing. I really liked when Trent played an enormous xylophone. Very cool! I've attached a clip of one of my favorites from that night.

That's all for this update but I'll be back after my surgery on Friday. I'll have a little announcement to share when I come back with my next update. Take care until then...Mark

Oh by the way, the UM Grizzlies will be playing for the NCAA Div. I-AA football championship on Friday (12/19) night. You can catch the game from Chattanooga TN on ESPN2. Game time is at 8 p.m. Eastern.

6 comments:

Brock said...

Come on Richmond Spiders!! J/K

Anonymous said...

Good Luck Mark on Friday!
Will be thinking of you! Praying for good outcome!
Your fellow pugaholic in MN ! ieg

Anonymous said...

Best wishes for Friday, Annoucement??? NIN on Tuesday!! All this and Griz too!! Waiting on baited breath.Shyla

Anonymous said...

Hey Mark,hope everything goes well will your procedure to zap those kidney stones dude . That's cool the UM griz will play for the championship.I'm a diehard Georgia bulldog fan myself so... I hope we get a good bowl game GO DAWGS! ! !
Hope you bratpack are well and happy and snuggled up with you lol.
take care Glen J.Dodd

Anonymous said...

Hey Mark:

I will be thinking of you on Friday. Prayers that everything goes okay the first time around. Merry Christmas and Happy New Years Too!

Jacobs MomMom

Jenn said...

Very cool. Haven't seen NIN in years. Saw them back in 91 at a clue in DC called the 930Club (at the time it was in the org. location and very small). Great for NIN, though my friend lost her shoes in the pit. LOL