Friday, January 16, 2009

Out of the fog



Things are finally looking up for me. This past month has felt like a dense fog had wrapped itself around me. It's a great feeling to be finally pulling out of this fog and hopefully there will be no further health issues. I'm still bummed that I lost my break to medical problems but thats just the way it goes. At least I will be ready to go for the most important semester of my college career.

I visited the ortho doc over a week ago and had updated x-rays taken. Dr. Powell took a look at my x-rays and was very pleased with what he saw. He got his scissors out and proceeded to cut my arm out of it's protective sling. He said things were extremely well set and I shouldn't have any further problems. My arm has been sore due to inactivity but I've managed to do well. I can finally start being more active and return to a normal routine.

My last kidney procedure was last week and it couldn't have gone any better. I go in Monday for an x-ray and one small procedure on Wednesday. Then I'm all done!!! I'm just a little bit excited :-) A big thanks to all the people who have kept me in their thoughts during these difficult times.

Spring semester gets underway January 26th and I'm starting to get excited. It's finally time to get into some Journalism classes and apply to the J-School in March. I'll be taking Intros into Reporting and Radio Production this semester to get me prepared. These classes will be a big test for me but I'll do my best and see what happens.

Finally I will end my blog on a very happy note. Let me be one of many to bid farewell to G.W.B., the worst president that our country has ever seen. These past 8 years have brought this country into a dark place filled with deceit and despair. Happily a new day has come, a new dawn for this great nation. President Obama will not have every answer but he will move this country back to a better place. The naysayers will continue their negativity but America has spoken their desire for a new direction. It all begins Tuesday and what a great day it will be to be an American! Peace...Mark

4 comments:

Wheelchair Hiker said...

Glad to hear you are doing better.

Cheers,

Mark

Cindy said...

Glad to hear things are looking up for you Mark, and of course for our entire country as well. The eight-year nightmare is finally over!

Anonymous said...

Amen! I definitely see our country moving in the right direction. Obama is truly an inspiration and I know that he will do the right things for this country.

Destiny Ann said...

This Video Tiggled Me Mark! Thank You!