Friday, April 17, 2009

Normalcy

Things are back to normal here in Missoula and my leg is back to 99% I'd say. I went to the university on Monday to meet the medical director and discuss my academic reinstatement. The meeting was a mere formality and I'm officially a college student again and I couldn't be happier. I'll be taking American History over the summer and it will be a big class to get out of the way.

Registration for next fall was this past week and it looks like I will have a good schedule. I'll be retaking my journalism classes along with a Biology Lab and Public Speaking. The best part of my schedule is that I will only have to be on campus Monday, Wednesday, & Friday and that is fine by me. This will leave me plenty of time to study and keep up. That is unless I procrastinate and I'd never do that :-)

The flooding of '09 in North Dakota rages on and it's been affecting my hometown. My mom sent me pictures of the water levels today and it is almost beyond belief. The reservoirs protecting Jamestown are at record depths and will be activating the emergency spillways this weekend most likely. I'm keeping positive thoughts for the people back home and know the good fight goes on. This is certainly a winter that is one for the ages.



I'll leave you with a video featuring the 88 year old mayor of Mississauga Ontario Hazel McCallion. She's a kick and boy we could use more politicians like her. Keep on truckin' Hazel!

Peace...Mark

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Glad you are getting back to school again Mark. Love that video. You find the coolest things online. Thanks for sharing:-)

Cindy