Monday, August 31, 2009

Gone Fishin'



On Friday I went on an adaptive fishing expedition that was held in the Bitterrroot Valley near Florence. It was a sunny & hot August day but we had a beautiful fishing spot in the shade. Montech brought along their arsenal of adaptive fishing equipment for people to try out. It was great to see so many people give fishing a try and have a blast doing it. We also had a great lunch of grilled dogs and burgers.

The sip and puff pole was in for repair so I didn't make an attempt. The good news is that Montech is working at getting in a switch operated automatic rod and reel setup. I can't wait to give it a test drive when it comes in. Thanks to the folks at Summit and Montech for their efforts at making this outing possible.

A few words about my video. This was my first attempt at shooting my own video with my new Bogen mount. The quality wasn't the greatest but I'm still pretty happy with it. I learned so much and it was a great feeling to do it independently. Next time should produce a more polished product :-)

I better wrap this up as I have school tomorrow morning. It's been 7 months since being in school full time and I couldn't be happier to get back in the saddle. I'll be back soon with how the semester has started. No music this week but I'll make up for it next time.

Peace...Mark

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great video Mark! Love the smile on the guy's face, after he cast's the rod into the water. Nice job!
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi Mark:
I know it's been awhile since I read up on your adventures so I'm sitting here with my mouth wide open at work, just in awe of the things that you've accomplished. You give so many people hope, I can't begin to thank you enough. I've been feeling silly today and since you are Mark in Montana can I give you the nick name of M in M?:) or did someone beat me to it.
Your forever fan and friend, Jacob's MomMom Donna

JIM BOATMAN said...

I CANNOT BELIEVE HOW FISHING CAN BE ADAPTED IT REALLY WARMS MY HEART THAT THE SPORT OF FISHING CAN BE ENJOYED BY SO MANY MORE. I ONLY WISH I COULD HAVE BEEN THERE ESPECIALLY TO EAT. NOW WE USE BAIT IN NORTH DAKOTA BIGGER THAN THE FISH CAUGHT SEEM TO BE IN MONTANA.

DAD

Wheelchair Hiker said...

Enjoyed your video Mark. Looked like a lot of fun.

Cheers - Mark