Sunday, August 02, 2009

Had a ball



This past Thursday I hit the interstate and headed east to partake in the 26th annual Testicle Festival. In case you are wondering, the Testy Fest is a summertime bacchanalia paying homage to the Rocky Mountain oyster. My nurse and I had a great time and yes we took the plunge and had a plate of cowboy caviar. Despite what you may be thinking, they weren't too bad. I really can't effectively describe what they taste like but anything deep fried tastes pretty good in my book. Was a fun experience and I look forward to returning next year.

Friday night Theresa and I spent the evening at Lake Missoula Cellars catching a performance by local cellist Brandon Smith. The performance was great and it was nice to sit outside on their patio, eat burgers, and drink some fantastic local wine. I had one of their whites and I was pretty impressed. Now I confess I'm no wine expert but it's my goal in the next several months to become more acquainted. I'll have to list some of my favorites as I find them. For those of you in Missoula who love wine, head out to Lake Missoula Cellars and give them a try. You won't be sorry.

The 19th anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act was recognized on July 26th. Many positive steps have been taken but progress has been painfully slow. We as a community need to continue the struggle and keep pushing for the advancement of all people with disabilities. I'll leave you with a video of a recent event in Central Park where Nadina LaSpina (NYC ADAPT) gave a powerful speech. Her words sum up what we as a society need to achieve before we can consider the ADA truly finished.



Peace...Mark

2 comments:

bisovi said...

nice blog

Anonymous said...

OK, NOT TOO BAD MARKUS:-) VERY NICE BLOG.
ON OUR NEXT VISIT, WE WILL HAVE TO CHECK OUT THE WINERY. ALWAYS FUN TO EXPERIMENT WITH DIFFERENT WINES.
LUV U
MOM