Thursday, January 07, 2010

Muslms In Missoula Project

During my print journalism class we were assigned several stories relating to the perceptions of Muslims in the media. It was quite interesting to gather people's opinions on this often misunderstood group in American society.

Our professor, Clem Work assigned us a final group project relating to Muslims living here in Missoula. The stories covered a wide range of subject matter and I was assigned the task of gauging the amount of knowledge UM students had about Islam.

The stories were gathered and placed into a blog that I designed. I would like to invite you to peruse the work that our class assembled for our final.

Visit the Muslims In Missoula Blog

I appreciated the opportunity to learn more about this fast growing religion and hopefully our work will clear up some of the numerous misconceptions surrounding the Islamic faith.

Peace...Mark

1 comment:

Marsha said...

Mark,
I loved the work you and your colleagues did on the Muslims in Missoula project. It makes me proud as a University community member, a Montanan, and an American. I intend to share this with my son who lives in Singapore, and other friends across the country and around the world. Also loved the beautiful presentation!

Marsha