Sunday, November 28, 2004

An Encouraging Word

Last week I got an email from a gal named Sara. Sara is a home care nurse that lives in Southeast Minnesota. She takes care of a young man with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy who is on a vent and trach.

Anyways, she read my article in the latest IVUN newsletter on wanting to get out of the nursing home and live in the community . She wanted to tell me that it was great what I was doing and to keep being persistent.

It's hard to put into words what it meant to hear this person I've never met giving me such encouragement. She made me feel so positive about my effort to try living again back in the community. All I can say to that is thanks Sara!

People with disabilities and their families just want a system that provides equality and not restriction in living life. Until things change, the fight for equality goes on.

The Nodakwheeler

No comments: