Monday, October 16, 2006

Introducing Harley


I thought that I would start this weeks entry by introducing everybody to my favorite little black Pug. Her name is Harley Star and she's one of the sweetest Pugs that I've ever met. When Theresa came to Bozeman to pick me up, she brought Harley along for the ride. All the way home Harley was right under my feet. Ever since that moment she has been bonded to me. When I go to bed at night she's right there to snuggle in with me. She's usually on my pillow sleeping before I can even get into bed. Although Harley is my favorite, I've really grown very attached to all the Pugs.

This past week has been filled with a couple of big highlights. On Thursday my Uncle Randy stopped in for a visit on his way to Butte. It was a great visit and it was awesome to see some family. Randy got to meet Theresa and Dustin along with the Pugs. His job will bring him occasionally to the Missoula area and I look forward to our future visits.

This past week brought a very joyous event to our family. My cousin, Dawn, arrived back in the U.S. after serving the past year in Iraq. I'm so very happy that she arrived home safely and I am proud beyond words of her service. We are quite relieved that she is back in the USA. Hopefully the day will come very soon when all the soldiers can return to their families.

On Saturday night we all went to Nine-mile for dinner with Dustin's family. It was great to meet his grandma, mom, aunt and their families. Everybody was very kind and I was welcomed warmly by them all. I look forward to seeing them again very soon.

During this upcoming week I will celebrate 6 weeks of freedom from the nursing home. I must give my deep thanks and gratitude to my family and friends for all the love and support that they have shown me. Although I am far from home, I hold all the special people in my life very close to my heart.

Well, it's time to go to bed and snuggle with my sweet Harley. Until next week stay well.

Mark

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is good to read all the wonderful people you are meeting and about your new side kick Harley. She sure is cute. I am happy to hear your cousin is back! Congratulations on your 6 weeks of freedom!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mark-

Harley Star is a-DOR-able! I celebrate with you your freedom from the nursing home, and I am so glad you are adapting to your new place.

Becky S.
Mom to Ben, 15, DMD

Anonymous said...

Wow!! I can't believe the SMILES. its so good to see you so happy Mark and that all is going well. We love Dogs and those Pugs are really cute, and so loveable. Its snowing out (light) but it melts right away (thats happy) not ready for winter. Thanks for all the updates, I ck. all the time.
Much happiness Mark. Prayers Ione