Monday, October 02, 2006

Sunny Weekend in MT


It was a beautiful, sunny weekend here in Missoula with temperatures in the 80's. Hopefully there will be a few warm days left before winter arrives in the mountains.

It's been over three weeks since my freedom has started and I'm loving Missoula more and more every day. It seems like there's always something to do and I really like being able to go places when I want to.

Last week I attended the Summit Independent Living Center's 25th anniversary celebration. I was able to meet more great people and everybody has been very welcoming to me.

On Saturday we went to visit some friends who have been patiently awaiting my arrival so that I could become involved with ADAPT. Bob and Marsha travel the country with ADAPT doing actions to help free people from nursing homes and assist them to live in their communities. Theresa, Dustin and I along with other advocates are looking to start an ADAPT chapter here in Montana. I'm very excited to take part in this and it's a great advocacy opportunity to be involved in.

The road crew for the Rolling Stones has decended upon Missoula to get ready for Wednesdays concert. To read more on the Rolling Stones visit to Missoula you can visit www.missoulian.com I'm really pumped to see the Stones in concert and I will have a lengthy blog entry after the concert.

Gotta run and get some supper but I'll be in touch very soon.

Peace,

Mark

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice picture! Its always fun to get a blog update. Many people have told me how much they look forward to recieving your blog. Have fun at the Stone's concert!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a tough gig to be in Missoula. :) Someone has to do it! Your smile is as big as Texas. As I watched my son roll away to school, I am reminded of men like you who give us hope. We thank the Lord for you. Hey, I can't believe Mick Jagger can still dance. Have a good time at the concert Mark!

Anonymous said...

I'll be anxious to hear about the concert. How exciting for you! :) Enjoy.

Blessings,
Carolgene

Anonymous said...

How in the hell(sorry) do you guys deal with the winter, wheelchairs and all? I live in the south, and constantly look even further south when our winter(50 degrees is cold) arrives. I am heading down to South Padre Island for several weeks during the winter, and always go somewhere warm every year. Heck, I even moved to Florida, but decided the people were not for me. I missed Texas, so here I am...