Sunday, October 08, 2006

Rolling Stones ROCK Missoula!


Theresa, Dustin and I were a part of Montana history last Wednesday as the Rolling Stones played under the Big Sky for the very first time and rocked Missoula to its core!

Words like "fantastic" and "incredible" don't do justice to what seeing the Stones is like in person. The Stones played their brand of raunchy, bluesy rock to a capacity crowd at Washington-Grizzly Stadium. Mick, Keith, Ron and Charlie had amazing charisma and energy for aging veteran rockers.

The stage itself was larger than life. Standing at 6 stories from the stadium floor, rumor has it that it's the biggest stage ever to go out on world tour. The stage along with it's 50' plasma screen and pyrotechnic rigging, also held a few hundred members of the audience. You could feel the electricity as the opening chords to Jumpin' Jack Flash were played.


The set was filled with classic Stones tunes, amazing pyrotechnics, 20' high flames, a blazing multi-media presentation, and of course Mick Jaggers legendary gyrations. They also pulled off a few surprises like riding a section of stage through the crowd to the north end of the stadium where they played 3-4 songs. Keith Richards sang an old acoustic blues number as well.


This totally awesome night is just one of the many things I've enjoyed in the one month of nursing home freedom that I've had so far. I must also give a big thanks to Theresa and Dustin for being wonderful hosts and making me feel right at home here in Missoula.

I must say that Missoula sure knows how to throw a party and that I can't wait for the many more great times that lie ahead.

Peace,

Mark

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! The photos and comments were great! Do you work for one of those rock magazines? :) Your comments were so descriptive I felt like I was there. I am so happy you had the opportunity to go.

Anonymous said...

I agree w/ elizabeth. You described the show so vividly.

I may even consider attending a rock concert in my older age. :)

I am just so happy for you to have the feedom you choose.

Blessings,
Carolgene

Anonymous said...

Dang! That sounds like fun...Wish I could have been there. All the old Stones fans are pushing 60-70 these days. I bet there are sore legs and heads...