Sunday, September 24, 2006

High Times in Helena


On Friday (9/22) I got home from Helena after attending the Montana SLTC (Senior & Longterm Care) conference. Theresa, Dustin, and I had such a blast and I met so many great people from around the state. Was a great opportunity to network with other folks with disabilities, caregivers, and the state people who run the home/community based waiver programs in Montana. Very refreshing to meet people in the social service arena that care about the folks they serve.

The drive home from Helena was pretty cool. After leaving Helena we soon began our ascent over MacDonald Pass. The top of MacDonald Pass is at 6300 feet and the view was breathtaking. Was definitely different to see a touch of snow in September!
On October 4th we will be attending a once in a lifetime event here in Missoula. The Rolling Stones will be rocking Grizzly Stadium as a part of their 'A Bigger Bang' World Tour. The Stones will be awesome and I can't wait til they take the stage. Hopefully I can get some pictures to post.

I am very happy to be celebrating the 2 week mark of my nursing home liberation. Living in freedom is a great thing and I couldn't be happier. I will continue to fight so many others can have a better life instead of a life of institutional imprisonment. I will continue telling my story and refuse to give in until real change happens for all.

Peace,

Mark

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

MARK, THIS IS THE FIRST PIC. WE HAVE SEEN SUCH A HAPPY BIG SMILE. AM SO GLAD IT IS WORKING OUT FOR YOU. I USED TO LIVE IN MONTANA AND DID TRAVEL THE STATE A LOT, DID LOTS OF TOURNAMENT BOWLING, AND IT IS A BEAUTIFUL STATE. HAPPY ALSO THAT THEY HAVE SUCH A GREAT PROGRAM. PLEASE KEEP US UPDATED, AND MANY GODS BLESSINGS TO YOU MARK. MORE LATER. IONE

Anonymous said...

It is so good to hear that you are finally living a liberated life! Bless you for continuing to work so others may have more opportunities. Enjoy the Rolling Stones & the fabulous fall weather!
Carolgene

Anonymous said...

I really like your blog and your attitude about things.

Nick said...

Medicaid pays for your attendants? what're they like? what're the details?

Anonymous said...

It's great that you are sharing the feeling and being an activist. There's a great deal of work to be done on this issue. Enjoy the Stones.

CoalWood said...

Mark, Cool! Back in my younger days I lived in Atlanta, GA. ATL has a very old, small theater called "The Fox". One of the theaters that "Gone with the Wind" premiered. It holds 3000 people, and when the Stones came to town Mick refused to play anywhere else. I was luck enough to know the promoter and got tickets for a friend and I. Fron row seats in a 3000 seat theater for the Stones. A highlight of my life...

Anonymous said...

Hi Mark, tooo coool. Sonds great. You might want to look up ADAPT of Montana. I believe there is a contact where you live.
FREE OUR PEOPLE,
Gordie
MN ADAPT