Saturday, September 16, 2006

Rainy Day

Greetings from Missoula. Been raining here the last few days with the temperatures staying around the mid 40's. There was snow up in the mountains, but down here in the valley there was just rain.

It's hard to believe that I've been free of the nursing home for a week now. I'm loving my new independence and am getting very comfortable with my new life. The next few weeks will keep me busy and I really look forward to that.

I'm still busy getting settled in and yesterday was a productive day. I met with my new home care company and they are all set to take over my respiratory needs. The first new nurse also came yesterday to orientate. It went pretty well and it will be nice to get the other nurses trained.

On Tuesday we are all heading over to Helena for the Montana Senior & Longterm Care Conferenece. I look forward to checking out Helena and meeting many new people. I'll post a few pictures from our trip when I return.

Not much on tap for tomorrow but I plan on watching the Seahawk game tomorrow afternoon. I'm off to bed for now but you can look for a post sometime next week.

Take care,

Mark

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Massuh Boatman! A week! crazy! I'm so glad Montana is treating you well! Sure was quiet last Saturday when I worked... no good tunes coming down the hall. Take care!
~Heidi

Anonymous said...

Montana sounds and is beautiful. I hope those little pugs are treating you good. Even in rainy weather, the scenery is lovely. You crossed that mountain in your life and you are enjoying some peace in the valley. Stay warm, Elizabeth (It is still hot here...90 degress)

Anonymous said...

GO VIKINGS!!!! They are now 2-0. Hope all is going well for you and that you had a enjoyable and informative time at the conference in Helena.

Don

Anonymous said...

Glad the move is working out for you, Mark! I don't live in Montana, but do enjoy visiting occasionally for business and pleasure. I think you will find the scenery and people awesome. Wish you the best in Big Sky Country! May have to change the name of your Blog site, however. David Opland