Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Fall is upon us


Whew! Labor day is upon us and with it the unofficial end of summer. Boy it's been awhile since I have posted on my blog but summer has kept me pretty busy. Here's a brief update of the last couple months. Starting in mid September you can expect much more frequent updates here of what I'm up to.

It's been quite a warm summer here for everyone in the upper Midwest. I've spent alot time outside enjoying the weather and the many sunny days we've had. I am always on the go somewhere, whether it be going for a long walk along the reservoir, visiting friends or hanging out at my parent's house. I try to make the most of summer because all too soon the chill of winter will be here.

I have also kept busy with moderating the Vent Support Network. We keep steady with adding new members and I'm so amazed that during this summer we surpassed the 100 member mark. My goal has been to give my fellow vent users and myself a comfortable place in which we can communicate. I couldn't be happier that this has become a reality. There are a couple of our members who are attending college for the first time this fall. I'd like to wish them all the best as they set out on this new journey.

September is here and I very much look forward to this fall. It will be pretty busy but I plan to relax and enjoy watching some football and taking in some walks in the crisp air of fall.

Lastly there is something that my family and I have been waiting for. My cousin Dawn, a 2LT in the Army has been serving for the past year at Camp Anaconda Iraq. She will be home around October and we all are praying for her very safe return. I'm very proud of her service and what's she's accomplished. Hope soon we can start bringing some our military folks home for good!

Peace,

Mark

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice job son! I like the picture of you too, it turned out nice.

Anonymous said...

I wish your cousin a very speedy and safe return to the good ol' US of A. I'm always proud of our veterans as I am one myself.

Anonymous said...

Great photo and super update.