Friday, June 22, 2007

Busy week ahead



It's been another lightning fast week and hey what do know, 2 posts in one week! I thought I better get to it before the busy week ahead.

Today I went over to Missoula Orthotics to get fitted for my new side support. It went pretty well but it's a time consuming undertaking to get things just right. They made the support a bit less rigid but heating the plastic has to be done super slowly. They let me bring it home over the weekend to see how it will work out.

I had the pleasure of attending my first Missoula Osprey baseball game. The Osprey are a minor league affiliate of the Arizona Diamondbacks. It was a beautiful night at the ballpark and there's no better way of spending the first evening of summer. I look forward to attending another game real soon.

Next week will definitely be the busiest since I've moved here. I have freshman orientation at the University of Montana from Wednesday through Friday afternoon. There will be many new people to meet and I look forward to officially becoming a college student. I've already met with Disability Services on campus and they will help me with stuff like test taking accommodations and putting my textbooks into an electronic format.

This weeks Pug picture is of our bratty Prince after he decided to attack his bed. We have no idea how he managed to get under his fuzzy blanket but that's a Pug for ya.

That's it for now but before I forget, I was in the International Vent Users Network - Spring 2007 newsletter. I was interviewed by fellow vent user Paul Kahn and I was asked about my liberation from the nursing home. You can see my interview by visiting
http://www.post-polio.org/ivun/ivun-news.html

Peace,

Mark

3 comments:

Jeri Kaiser said...

Markus.........I couldn't be prouder of you if you were my own kid. This is all I have ever wanted for you from the time I met you - for you to be able to go to college, utilize the gifts you have been given and be around your peers. I continued to ask your Mom and inquired about angels regarding college when you were in the Dewey Apartments. You are such a role model, Mark. People that have lost hope or are struggling need to meet you, continue reading your blogs and for sure read the interview with Paul - it is all very touching. Your determination and perseverance has so paid off. God is good - my prayers have been answered for you to attend college. Kid, that hat that you are wearing in your blog looks like the one you purchased when we were out to visit you in February....it put a big smile on my face thinking about the grand time we had. You continue to enjoy life and keep sharing your life so others can see for themselves what hope can do.

Miss ya and love ya,

Your buddy, Jeri Kaiser

Anonymous said...

Mark, You did an excellent job with the interview. You are an encouragement to me and our son, who is now 22. I thank God for you. I enjoy reading your blog and finding out how life is going for you in Montana. You look great! May the Lord continue to bless you, Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Hi Mark!! Great interview and article. I am excited for you that college is in your future. You will have so many opportunities while you are in school to see and do new things. I am hoping it will be a positive growing experience for you. You are such an inspiration!!

Keep up the great work!!

MO VR Counselor