Thursday, July 12, 2007

Hot Hot Hot!


Summertime is in full swing here in Western Montana and the mercury is set to keep on going upward. The temperatures will be above or near the 100° mark for the next week at least. We are in a very dry time of the year and unfortunately this will accelerate the severity of fire season. It will be nice just to sit in the air conditioning.

Mary and Kurt otherwise affectionately known as my wheelchair gurus, paid me a visit on Monday. We're still working on my new orthotic and they came up with doing a kind of swing away adaptation for my chair. The exciting news is that my new wheelchair has been ordered and has left Invacare. My chair will then be destined for Motion Concepts. Motion Concepts has some very innovative designs and they can do some pretty incredible things. They are handling the lateral tilt system for my chair.

The biggest thing I'm looking forward to is having a different ventilator for my new chair. The bulky 40 pound dinosaur that's been with me since I got my trach, will be replaced by a thin 12 pound vent. This will make so many things easier and traveling with this new setup will be so much easier. Hopefully in a few weeks I'll be on my new vent and in my chair.

I've now passed the 10 month mark here in Montana and it's full speed ahead to my one year anniversary. The past 10 months has been filled with so many good things and it excites me to think about what lies ahead. Going down this road has been great for me and its empowered me to keep reaching higher than ever.

This week's snapshot is a view over where I live in East Missoula. I believe that shot was taken from the top of Mount Sentinel.

Here ends another Missoula update. Before ending I'd like to wish a speedy recovery to our nurse Kimbra. She took a tumble off her ladder and severely broke her arm. We've (Pugs included) all missed her a lot this past week and hope to have her back real soon.

Peace,

Mark

3 comments:

Chris Webb said...

Mark,

It's GREAT to hear how well you're doing since escaping your incarceration at the nursing home. You're blog is very inspiring and gives me hope that I'll one day be free. Keep on enjoying your life and reaching for the stars.

Peace,

-Chris

Anonymous said...

Hi Mark. Wow thats some classey wheels you are getting. It sure is a blessing you make this big move, all the great things happening for you. Also you sound so happy and look great. Missoula is such a pretty place and so much to do. Your caregiver sure must be nice and of course the dogs, they are so cute. Take care Mark. and I always ck for your blogs as you always have something new happening. Until next time, Ione

Jason G said...

Beautiful Picture!