Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Random things


My friend Scott down in Florida has tagged me to participate in his 8 random things game. I'm going to change up the rules a little bit but I still think this will be rather interesting. Basically I'm going to list 8 random things about myself and you're invited to e-mail back with 8 random things about yourself. You can send them to me at nodakwheeler@yahoo.com Here goes:

* I'm a really big Frank Sinatra fan and I think he's one of the finest vocalists to ever grace a studio.

* My favorite movie format is definitely the documentary. I love the telling of the story and I think Ken Burns is a genius in this genre of film making. Kinda explains my interest in journalism.

* Government Mule is most definitely my favorite band and hopefully they will play around Missoula in the near future.

* the last two concerts I have been to are Eric Clapton and the Rolling Stones.

* I've been to the ocean (hey I'm from North Dakota and were not famous for our bodies of water).

* I'm a die hard Chicago Cubs fan and I've been to Wrigley Field.

* Public speaking does not frighten me.

* I hate math with a passion. Isn't that what calculators are for ; -)

Hope that didn't bore you too much and I hope to hear from at least some of you.

We didn't make it up to Whitefish because Dustin wasn't feeling very well but we did make it up around the Arlee area and I got to see the Mission Mts. The Missions are absolutely beautiful as this week's picture shows but there isn't snow on them right now. After seeing them we went to the Arlee Grill for dinner before coming back home. The food was fantastic and it's definitely on the list for a return visit.

My new ventilator has arrived in Missoula and I should get transitioned to it in the next week or so. The respiratory therapist needs a little time with the machine before they can bring it out. I'm very excited and hopefully things will go just fine. I'm also hoping to hear on my new chair very soon.

We went to a wedding Saturday night for one of our former nurse's. It was a really beautiful ceremony and we all enjoyed ourselves a lot. I'd like congratulate Johanna & Ed and we wish them all the very best. Was so very nice that they asked us to share their day with them.

Here ends this week's update and I'm happy that we will get a little relief from our heat wave. July went on record as the hottest in Missoula's history. Unfortunately there are several fires in our area and there has been some evacuations. Hopefully these can get brought under control and the weather conditions will get better.

Peace,

Mark

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mark your last Blog did not come thru, is it just my computer!!

I really look forward to your letters.

Ione