Monday, July 23, 2007

The tour continues...


I can hardly believe that here it is Sunday and I'm at work on another update! Let's get on with it shall we.

My tour of Montana continues this week as we're going north to Whitefish on Thursday. Dustin has a MAP meeting and we will be staying overnight and coming back sometime Friday. It's absolutely gorgeous up there and I can't wait to see it. The Flathead cherries are in full season and I'm sure we will be picking some up on our way north. I'll be sure to take my camera along and hopefully next week I'll have some pictures to share.

We went downtown last night and had dinner at the Dinosaur Cafe. It's located in a neighborhood style bar and they serve up all kinds of Cajun fare. They serve everything from jambalaya to catfish and the prices were very reasonable compared to most places these days. The French fries I had were totally amazing but my sandwich didn't set well with my stomach. It was kind of on the spicy side and Theresa was teasing me saying that it's what happens when a Midwestern boy gets exotic : -)

The weather continues to be pretty hot and now some of the smoke from the forest fires has entered the Missoula valley. On the news tonight they were talking about the air quality deteriorating as fire season rolls on. When I was outside yesterday, I could really smell the smoke. I'm posting a picture off today's Missoula web cam to show how smoky it is. Hopefully this week we will get some precipitation but that's probably wishful thinking.

Tomorrow our nurse will be returning after she has been off with her broken arm. She won't be able to do any lifting but it will be so nice to see her. I'm sure the Pugs will do their crazy antics when she comes to the door in the morning.

I heard last week from our respiratory vendor and my new LTV ventilator has been ordered and should be here in a few weeks. I'm sure there will be some transition but I'm so excited for the benefits it will add to my life.

That's all for now but I'll be back sometime next weekend with more from Big Sky country.

Peace,

Mark

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mark... I really enjoy your site.Thanks for including me.I am ready for a trip to Montana.

Jason G said...

Looks EXtremely smoky there. Here's wishing for rain!
---Jason

Scott Sands said...

Mark,

I'm tagging you to play Eight Random Facts! Please indulge me by playing along. Visit my blog, www.scottsandsalive.com, and read my post of July 29th entitled "8 Random Facts About Me" for details.

Thanks,

Scott