Saturday, August 18, 2007

32 and going strong



On Thursday I celebrated my 32nd birthday and this one was definitely a special milestone. It not only was my first celebrated in Montana but it marks the doubling of my original life expectancy. Really feels good to have greatly outdone the predictions that were placed upon me. Was a little different being away from my family for the first time on a birthday but it was a very good one all the same.

Our nurse Kimbra surprised me with a birthday cake that she made for me. It was chocolate which is my favorite and it was so nice to be thought of on my birthday. The cake was awesome and of course I had to include a picture. Theresa and Dustin were very nice to me and they gave me a very cool birthday present. I got a David Allen Coe CD, some cool magnets (even one with a adorable black Pug) and a gift certificate to Rockin Rudy's here in Missoula. It was also great to get quite a few birthday cards in the mail. It really means a lot to me and I can't put in words how grateful I am.

The forest fires have really gotten bad and forced the evacuation of many area residents. It also has made the air conditions pretty severe here in the Missoula Valley. Yesterday a stage two air alert was issued and that is the first time since 2003. Needless to say we have been staying indoors the past several days. The prospect for rain does not look good for the near future and I really hope the fires don't get any worse. A very tough situation for everybody.

Well in a week and a half, I will be sitting in the classroom. I am excited but jeez I don't know where the summer has gone. I've received half my books on CD and it will be very nice to have my books on my laptop. There's a few other minor details that need to be taken care of this week but nothing too painful.

That's pretty much last week in a nutshell. I had to put a picture of Harley from the other day when she decided to curl up on my chest. She's such a sweet little girl and we definitely share a very special connection. I'm not just a little biased am I?

Peace,

Mark

4 comments:

Cindy said...

Happy Birthday Mark, and many more:-)

Anonymous said...

It was difficult not to be with you on your birthday this year, as we know it was also for you. However, the wonderful people that you are around, Theresa, Dustin and Kimber certainly helped make it very special and plus all the birthday cards, are such a blessing. Beautiful cake, maybe Kimber could start a baking business:) Love you much Mark

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARK!!! I have said it before (and will say it again)you are such an inspiration. The strength and courage you have demonstrated encourages me daily!! Good luck in school, study hard but have some fun too!!

--MO VR Counselor