Saturday, January 05, 2008

Happy New Year!



On Thursday night we were downtown at a Forward Montana function watching the Iowa caucus returns. I was thrilled that Obama was able to secure a well deserved victory. Hopefully it will be the start of a journey that will take him to the White House. This country needs to head in a positive direction after too many years of arrogant, corrupt, and criminal leadership.

2007 has been very memorable and I’m optimistic to see what 2008 holds. The big highlight of the year gone by was the start of my quest towards a college degree. College is a great place to be when you consider that 16 months ago I was incarcerated in a nursing home. Other highlights included visits from my family, attending the legislature in Helena, seeing my friend Lori leave a ND institution, getting my new chair, going the fair, and seeing my first Griz football game.

2008 will keep me hopping and there’s some great things on the horizon. In the next few months I’ll be seeing Brad Paisley and Elton John in concert. I’m also planning to return to North Dakota for a visit this summer. Hopefully I can be home for Jamestown’s 125th celebration but we’ll have to see how things work out.

I continue to enjoy my vacation and this weekend I’ll be watching the football playoffs. Seattle is up 13-0 in the 3rd and that is our team to watch in this household. Well it is for me unless Minnesota is there but once again they blew it. I’ve also been reading Tom Brokaw’s new book along with one on the history on the US Supreme Court. There’s two more weeks to enjoy and then back to the grind.

I’ve got a few pictures to post but I can’t locate my camera cable. They will be up one of these days when I get a new one. Well that’s all for now and I’d like to wish everyone a Healthy and Happy New Year!

Peace,

Mark

No comments: