Sunday, January 27, 2008

At it again

Whew the first week of the semester has past and things feel pretty good. My classes are in all new areas of study and it could make for an interesting semester. The good thing is that my classes are mostly 50 minutes long and that helps my attention span greatly :-)

My favorite class will definitely be American Government. Politics has always been a love of mine and with the election season upon us I can't think of a better time to take this class. The only bad thing is with two books to get through for this class, there will be tons of reading.

After American Government we have to hustle across campus to be in attendance for my Geology lecture class. I really didn't have an itching desire to take this one but I need a natural science to get into the Journalism school. The professor seems funny and we are going to be trying out some new technology to communicate as a class. You can check out ICLICKER.com for more info.

Then after Geology it's off to Macroeconomics to finish out the afternoon. Macro isn't too bad except for learning a good deal of new terminology. Math plays a part in this class and hopefully it won't be so bad if I can learn the formulas.

I'm taking my math class on the days when I'm not on the main campus. Math isn't bad so far and we have a really good professor which helps. The only problem I've had is that when my math book was scanned onto CD, they only scanned the odd pages :-) That will be remedied tomorrow when they give me the entire book.

That's spring semester in a nutshell and I'm trying to keep my blogging on track for weekly updates. We'll see how that goes as the semester progresses.

Peace,

Mark

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. Herm Albright

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mark: I knew you'd like your poli sci class,macro is great too except when you factor in those formulae!! Geology can be useful, especially when you're tutoring children which is where my career headed after I moved to Philly. So you never know! Shyla