Tuesday, February 19, 2008



I went to the University Center today to hear Eleanor Smith speak. Eleanor heads up Concrete Change and she is this country's guru/expert on the concept of visitability. Visitability is a movement to mandate that every new home built has one no-step entrance, an accessible half or full bath on the main floor, and 32+ inch doors throughout the residence. Visitability has worked great in the parts of this country where it's been made law. Eleanor was great to listen to and hopefully we can be successful here in Missoula with adopting visitability.

School continues to roll on and I have an exam in Poli Sci. Wednesday. I've studied hard and hopefully that will translate into a good score. Everything else is routine in the school department.

Thursday will be a great day as some of my family will be flying in for the weekend. I'm looking forward to a fun and enjoyable weekend. My dad has to stay back in North Dakota to keep up with tax season but he'll be out here after the rush is over.

Before I close I'd like to ask for prayers and positive thoughts for my friend MJ in Ohio. She's having surgery tomorrow to get a trach and here's hoping that things go great. Take care and I'll be back soon.

Peace,

Mark

Concrete Change: http://www.concretechange.org/

The rung of a ladder was never meant to rest upon, but only to hold a man's foot long enough to enable him to put the other somewhat higher. ~Thomas Henry Huxley

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mark,
Loved the video! Beautiful Montana and great video of the University!Thanks! Good luck in that exam, you will do great. Can't wait for Thursday. It may take 1/2 the day to just give you hugs and hello's from everyone that knows we are coming out:-)Enjoy the blog as always. See you soon! Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi Mark, how great to have your family coming to BIG SKY COUNTRY.I loved Montana, there is the flat pcrt of land, but you don't have to drive to far to get to the mountain and lakes and to see all the beauty. Hey Mark, great to hear how well you are doing in college, always knew you would. Boy do we ever have some cold weather, 24 below, I don't even stick my nose out the door. ha ha
Have a great week-end Mark, and we are sending you HUGS AND LOTS OF VERY BEST WISHES TO A GREAT GUY.
Ione and Duane