Friday, February 15, 2008






It's been 10 days since the last post and wow how the time flies! Things are well and school continues to keep me pretty busy. The results from my first math test came back yesterday and I managed a 94. Hopefully this means I'll continue to survive this dreaded subject. The other classes have been uneventful but the next few weeks will bring more exams.

Wednesday I went out to Community Rehab and had the chance to meet Tom (co-owner) of Ride Designs. Ride Designs is based in Denver and they specialize in wheelchair seating. We talked about what I was looking for in a backrest and Tom took a mold of my upper body. The molding process involved putting a bag full of styrofoam pellets against my back. Then they massaged the pellets into the places I need support. When we were satisfied with my positioning, an air compressor was used to tighten down a mold that could be casted. The casting will go to Denver so the backrest can be manufactured. I'm excited that finally we may have a cushion that will make me comfortable. A big thanks to Tom, Mary, and all the others who helped out with this process.

That's it for now and I'll try to get another post out soon. Some of my family is flying into Missoula next week and I can't wait! Will be fun to hang out for a few days and catch up.

Peace,

Mark

Ride Designs: http://www.ridedesigns.com/index.html

“A person should set his goals as early as he can and devote all his energy and talent to getting there. With enough effort, he may achieve it. Or he may find something that is even more rewarding. But in the end, no matter what the outcome, he will know he has been alive.” --Walt Disney

3 comments:

Jason G said...

Hey Mark,

Glad to hear you are doing well. I've been noticing that the weather in Montana has been dipping into the frigid negative (-) degrees lately. How do you stay warm when getting too and from school? Do you have emergency plans in case the van gets stuck on your way?

Keep Bloggin!
---Jason

About This Blog said...

Yeah for the 94! and it looks as though your pug is doing the typing for you?

Anonymous said...

Hey Mark: Thanks for the email the other day on the citzenship test! It brightened my day considerably. I'm looking forward to having a nice relaxing weekend as i feel achy.You'll survive math. The only real life math you really need to know is how to stretch a dollar. Awesome weekend! Friends, Shyla