Friday, April 25, 2008

New arrivals




It's crazy here in Missoula as the school year winds to a close. There are a few loose ends to tie up before the semester ends and oh yeah 4 finals to get ready for. My Math final should be no sweat but the others will be very challenging. I'll be so happy to be done with my Macroeconomics and Geology classes. The professors have been fine but the subject matter has been testing my attention span :-)

In the midst of all this chaos, two great things have happened during this past week. Theresa became a first time grandma and my cousin Jay and his wife Lisa also became the proud parents of twin girls!

Aleah Marie was born to Theresa's son David and his wife Sarah last Saturday. Theresa and Dustin were over in Helena for a meeting so the timing couldn't have been any better. Aleah is so cute and I couldn't be happier for her grandma and parents. It will be awesome to get to meet Aleah and watch her grow up. The first two pictures are of little Aleah in case your wondering.

My cousin Jay and his wife Lisa became first time parents on Wednesday. Sabrina and Summer are both healthy and doing great. My grandma is thrilled to be a first time great-grandma twice over and I'm so happy for her. It will be great to watch the twins grow up and it's exciting to see another cousin start a family. The last picture is of the twins with a very proud papa.

I'm in the process of making my plans for this upcoming summer. Summer school lasts until June 20th and that will give about an 8 week summer vacation. At the end of June, I'll be heading east back to North Dakota for a visit. I'll be home for about a week and I can't wait to see my family and friends. Hopefully they will all still recognize me HA HA The rest of my summer will consist of bumming around Missoula, attending a few Osprey games and of course taking in the Western MT Fair. Definetly not a bad way to spend summer in Big Sky country.

Peace...Mark

"Life is a moderately good play with a badly written third act." --Truman Capote

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't spring great? School will soon be over, your first year complete. Also a great time of year to become a Grandma, as T, and of course new parents, Jay and Lisa welcoming '2' new arrivals! Then your Grandparents becoming 'Great Grandparents'!
Enjoyed the pictures. Tell T. we are waiting for more pictures:-)
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Dear Mark: Thanks for the awesome post.Aleah(sp).is gorgeous!! Congrats to Jay and Lisa as well. Hopefully,all is well at school.What are you taking this Summer?Shyla

Anonymous said...

It is me again, Mark .You should have an awesome Summer with Intro. to Poetry. I read your last post finally. Shyla