Thursday, April 03, 2008

Obama Time

After much speculation, Barack Obama’s campaign announced that the Senator will be making a stop in Missoula Saturday morning. He will be speaking at the University arena and they are estimating a crowd of 7,500 people.

Theresa, Dustin, and I got on Obama’s website last night and were able to secure three tickets before they were all gone. We are all so excited at the chance of seeing a historic candidate in an election year like no other. Obama’s optimism is something our country has been lacking for many years and I feel he is the man for the job. I will post some pictures if we’re close enough to take any.

My breathing is much improved since last weekend’s episode but I’m a little fatigued yet. The meds seem to be working good and I’m sure that I’ll be feeling 100% very soon. Theresa has been taking great care of me along with the assistance of our Nurse Ugga the Pug :-) I still marvel at how in tune animals can be when their humans aren’t feeling up to par.

That’s it for now but I’ll be back this weekend with an update of the rally. Peace…Mark

It took a lot of blood, sweat and tears to get to where we are today, but we have just begun. Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today. -- Barack Obama

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am on the waitlist for Tix!! you guys should have anesome time!! Shyla

Unknown said...

Mark,
That is just awesome that you will be seeing Barack Obama. You know he is from our state of IL. I met him when he was running for IL senator many years ago. He is awesome.

I am still hoping before the election is over that he will be hitting southern Illinois again.

Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Jason G said...

Mark,

I saw Obama in Kansas City. You will not regret getting tickets! You will feel the energy and history in the making.

---Jason

Anonymous said...

Wow!! What a thrill to be near Obama, he is really something else, love to hear him talk. Sure hope nothing happens and he is our next Pres. Now thats coming from a staunch rep. ha ha
I hope our coumtry can be safe until we elect Obama/
Mark am happy things are going so well for you, sure does not seem possible you have a year of college behind you, CONGRATULATIONS
Take care Mark, all our love and prayers. Duane and Ione