Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Verdict

I've been awaiting a response on my journalism school application and last Wednesday I received a long white envelope in the mail from the university. My heart was racing as my nurse opened the envelope and began reading. She started saying something about congratulations and I let out a yell. I sat stunned in my van while learning I'll be an official journalism student this fall!

Yes there are many questions I have but these will be answered at an early April orientation meeting. I'll begin picking my fall classes soon and then the countdown will be on.

I would like to thank anyone who has supported me over the years, especially my mom, dad, and sister. You all are so important to me and I'll try very hard not to let you down. Special thanks must go to Theresa, Dustin, and a few incredible nurses. You guys have been beyond amazing and are the reason this dream is a reality! I can't thank you enough.

There still is a semester to complete so we will have to continue this journey later. Hope you will enjoy joining me on this ride because I have a feeling it won't be a dull one :)

Peace...Mark

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

No Mark your entry into the School of Journalism is because of your desire and dedication to accomplish a goal you had set for yourself. Yes there are people who have helped and supported but it is your hard work that made this all possible.

Love Dad

Cindy said...

Congratulations Mark! That's great news:-)

Anonymous said...

Just so very proud of you Mark. Your efforts and determination have brought you a step closer to that dream. As you also expresed, we are so thankful for the opportunity and all that Theresa, Dustine and your wonderful nurses have done.
Love
Mom

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and best wishes,Mark Shyla

Anonymous said...

Outstanding news Mark! Try to enjoy yourself while they throw all that work at you! Mike (recovering grad student).