Monday, April 24, 2006

The Work Begins


The new week has begun and there are 21 official days until I am Missoula bound. Things will be really picking up from here on in but I'm excited to be gearing up for this new change in my life.

Starting this week I'll be getting ready to begin packing and organizing stuff for the move. Getting a little packing done is my big goal of the week as everything else is pretty much ready to roll.

The picture in this post is of Mt. Jumbo in Missoula. The house I'll be living in is about a couple blocks from the base of Mt. Jumbo. There are deer and elk that hang out up there and they can easily be seen from the house. I'm getting very excited to take in the amazing scenery around Missoula. Will be very different than the grassy plains of North Dakota.

The weather over the past weekend was great. I went home Saturday and sat in the yard all afternoon while my folks tended to some stuff around the house. Yesterday I also was outside soaking up rays in the park which felt great. Supposed to be much cooler this week but hey I guess it's still April :-)

Well I'm off to make some phone calls and get a few things done. I'll be back next Monday with the May Day edition of the Montana Countdown.

Peace,

Mark

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mark! I read the article about you today (4-25) in the Jamestown Sun, and decided to check out your web site. I was sad to hear that you will be leaving the area, but at the same time I am happy that you will be able to get out of the nursing home. I wish you the best of luck in Montana! Take care and God Bless!
--Damon

Anonymous said...

Hey Mark! Read the article in the "Sun" about your move to Montana.

I am from Jamestown, many years ago, and now live in Bozeman where I run a company called Home Care Services - 'Personal Assistance'. Read the "Sun" online all the time!

Have a friend w/ identical situtation to yours. He is currently in a nursing home in Utah.

His name is Ward Matt, and I am going to give him your name as a contact.

Good Job! Good Luck in Montana! Larry Dominick