Saturday, November 04, 2006

Back Online

This past week has brought the first real taste of chilly weather to western Montana. The lows at night have been pretty cool but a warming trend has brought milder temperatures this weekend.

I've finally gotten my computer set up and connected to the Internet. I'm very happy to have this done and I'll be online much more than I have been in recent weeks. I can be reached by e-mail at nodakwheeler@yahoo.com and on Yahoo Messenger under the ID jamestownndak

Yesterday I was given a new mouse to trial from MonTech. It's called a SmartNav mouse and I must say it's already transformed how I access my computer. It uses a sensor placed on my computer screen in conjunction with a tiny metallic sticker worn on my nose. All I do to move the cursor is to very slightly move my head and to click I use a easy touch button held in my hand. It's working great so far and once the trial is over, I'll be able to get some funding assistance to purchase it. Technology these days is truly amazing and the opportunities for people with disabilities is ever expanding all the time.

This Tuesday will finally mark the end of a very contentious and hard fought election season. I've gotten registered and look forward to casting my vote. I'm hoping the Democrats can take back the Congress and House and get this country back on the right track. Theresa, Dustin, and I will also be volunteering at our local polling place and I'm sure it will be a good experience. Tuesday night will be filled with intense interest as we watch all the results come in.

That's it for this week and Sunday will be mark two months that I've been in Missoula. Next week I'll return with another update and a picture of my new look.

Peace,

Mark

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You meant Republicans RIGHT?? I thought so...Well great to hear you're doing well! Keep rootin for those Republicans!


Heather

Anonymous said...

Mark...so glad that you are helping with the election process....it is so important. Each individual can make a difference and it looks like you are certainly doing your part. Have a great election day! Jo Burdick

Anonymous said...

I would like to se the entire congress thrown out. We need fresh faces on both sides of the asile. I have traditionally voted Republican, and did again this year while holding my nose and trying desparately not to throw-up.