Saturday, November 11, 2006

My new look


Tuesday night was hopefully a turning point in the direction that our country is going. It's been great to see the Democrats take back control of the House & Senate after a hard fought election season. The President got a well deserved defeat and the Executive branch will now need to be more accountable to the American public. Hopefully the Iraq mess can be straightened out fairly soon and we can pay more attention to matters here at home.

On Tuesday, Theresa, Dustin, and I went to our neighborhood polling place to volunteer. We were there to help keep track of the registered voters who came in to vote.

I got to the polling place to vote before we started our shift and found out that I wasn't listed in the voter roster. The election judge called the courthouse and it turned out there was a mixup with the mail and my registration form arrived late. To vote I had to go downtown to the courthouse to register and then I could vote at the same time. After our adventure at the courthouse, we went back to the polling place and finished our shift. Was a great feeling to participate in this election and the turn out of voters was really good as well. I'm hoping to help out again in future elections.

My uncle Randy stopped on Wednesday night on his way through Missoula on business. Sure is great to see some family stopping through Missoula to visit. My uncle gets to Missoula about once a month and I look forward to his next trip to town.

As promised, I've included a picture of my new look and my two buddies Harley and Ugga. I thought if I'm going to live in the mountains, I might as well look the part :-) The beard may come in handy this weekend as we are expecting to receive our first snowfall of the season.

That's all for this week's post. I'll be back next week with another update. Take care until then.

Mark

6 comments:

Linda Boatman said...

I would say that your "new" look certainly contributes to you being Montanan. With all that black fur you and Harley look like twins!

Anonymous said...

I think you should come back to ND for your razor. Seems you have forgotten it! Isn't ND wonderful in the fact that you do not have to register to vote!

Heather

Anonymous said...

Hey Mark!!!!!LOOKING GOOD. I really like the new look, and most of all that HAPPY SMILE, The dogs sure look like you are the good friend from ND, they are so cute, I love dogs, so much personality, and they sure look they have plenty. Love to hear from you Mark.
Ione

Anonymous said...

Hey Mark!!!!!LOOKING GOOD. I really like the new look, and most of all that HAPPY SMILE, The dogs sure look like you are the good friend from ND, they are so cute, I love dogs, so much personality, and they sure look they have plenty. Love to hear from you Mark.
Ione

Anonymous said...

Wow Mark, I like the new look! You are definitely ready for winter.

Anonymous said...

Oh Marky Mark! I'm a sucker for a furry man (Um, from the neck up that is).
I'm happy to see you doing so well and maybe I'll have to stop in there to say hi next time I'm through Montana. Take care!
Wendy