Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year




This morning was a sunny start to 2007 here in Missoula. 2006 is in the books and I'm very excited for the new opportunities that lie ahead in the new year. I look forward to continuing my advocacy work, meeting more people, traveling next summer, and hopefully attending the university next fall.

Theresa, Dustin, and I all had a wonderful Christmas weekend together. We spent Christmas Eve here at the house and we had a honey glazed ham for dinner which was so good. After dinner we gathered in the living room to open our gifts. We gave the Pugs their new toys first and they got pretty excited. Ugga got a stuffed alligator, which she immediately started to chew. Ripley got a Christmas frog and our old guy Princey got a pacifier toy. Daisy and Harley each got a toy too but they were much more reserved than the others. It was great entertainment to see the Pugs get so wound up and before long they were all tuckered out. The rest of the evening was great and it was fun exchanging gifts with each other.

On Christmas Day we drove out to spend the day with Dustin's family. We had more good food and we sat around visiting with other. Dustin's family has been so gracious to me and they have made me feel very much at home which helps when being away from my family during the holidays.

I went to the ENT last Thursday for my trach procedure follow up and things are going just fine. It sure is nice not having a cuffed trach and I look forward to my January change going smoothly.

Well that's about it for this week's update. Take care and I want to wish everyone a very HAPPY NEW YEAR. Stay tuned during the next several weeks for news of our travels to Helena during the 2007 Montana legislative session.

Mark

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mark, So glad to see you are so happy, and that the pugs are keeping you co. sounds like they are lots of fun!!! I'll bet your folks told you about all the snow we gotits pretty, but I still don't like it, it will make the people happy with snowmobiles. Mark we want to wish a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR AND ALSO MANY BLESSINGS.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry Mark, I pushed the wrong key and never signed. So you know if anyone can goof up its "me"
will be happy to hear how the new trach works out. Ione

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and all that jazz. The pugs are cute and you're getting to be just as hairy as I am.