Friday, March 07, 2008


It's the end of another crazy week and where do I begin. Wednesday night I was downtown to catch the CrippleXXX comedy tour as it passed through Missoula. Two of the comics were from Seattle and they were pretty funny, edgy, and outrageous. Missoula's own (and friend of ours) Mike Beers was the opening act and he was awesome as usual. A late night but a good time I must say.

School continues to chug along and in 8 more weeks my freshman year will wrap up. Hard to believe! I had my Geology test Monday and it went well. Grades will be given back next week, so I guess we'll see. The best news of the week is that I managed to get a 98 on my 2nd math test. It's been so much work but the results are worth it. I have a big midterm in Macroeconomics on March 19th, so most of my attention is now focused on that. Spring break is after that and I can’t wait!

I've been starting to get involved with ADSUM (students w/ disabilities group) on campus. ADSUM deals with improving the college experience for students with disabilities at the University of Montana. They also work with any barriers or issues that arise. It’s been good to meet some new people and be involved with a campus group.

I'm happy to announce that Dustin is running for House District 91 here in Montana. Running for public office requires quite a commitment and I wish him all the best in this endeavor. You can visit his campaign website for more details.

That all for now from Big Sky country and hopefully I’ll be back with another update real soon. Take care until then. Peace…Mark

Dustin for House Dist. 91: http://www.dustinforhouse08.com/

"He who walks in another's tracks leaves no footprints." -- Joan Brannon

3 comments:

About This Blog said...

thanks, again for sharing your life with us - and doing all you do, school and disabilities groups.

thanks
Marie

Anonymous said...

Always enjoy finding a 'blogspot' update in my e-mail. Seems you had another good week and even time for a little fun. Has to be Cari, who is snuggling with you, in the picture. I am sure you are looking forward to spring break, and some time to relax.
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

I've just strated reading your blog...it's really inspiring! I have a trach too, and when I'm out and about, people tend to stare at me a lot. Does this happen to you as well? How do you deal with it? I've only had my trach for a few weeks (about 5) and am still getting used to it. I'm used to a few stares because I've been in a wheelchair for most of my life, but when I got the trach, more people stared...probably because it's not something you see everyday. My nurse says to ignore it, but she just doesn't understand. I'm only 18, and I feel like one of those really old people who live in nursing homes...do you have these feelings too? I try and put on a brave face, but it isn't hiding what I feel inside! Also, do you have a paticular way of eating? I'm not comfortable with it yet. My doctors have given me all their information, but it seems that it would be more helpful if it came from someone who is in the same boat as I am.