Wednesday, March 26, 2008



Its Spring Break week here in Western MT and I’m really enjoying the downtime. No big plans during this week except to relax and catch up on a few things that have been on the back burner. Friday I’m going to head to the movies and bum around town for the afternoon. Hey maybe next year I can plan my trip to Cabo or Cancun :-)

Monday I’ll be ready to get back to work and make the final assault on my remaining 6 weeks as a UM freshman. It’s a great feeling to almost be done and hopefully the next steps will result in admission to the Journalism School. I’ll be meeting with my advisor soon to set my schedule for Fall 08 and go over my summer school plans. Applying to the Journalism School won’t happen until March 2009 but that will be here before I know it.

Last week was tough as we lost Dustin’s Grandma Rose. She was a great lady and she touched all of those who knew her. I only knew her for a short time but she always made me feel like part of the family when we were together. Words are inadequate to describe the loss of people like Rose but I will miss her very much.

Here’s ends my Spring Break update but I’ll have another as school commences next week. I want to wish our friend MJ in Ohio all the best as she continues a long hospitalization. Keep up the fight girl and I hope you get the heck out of there soon!


Peace, Mark

Life is eternal, and love is immortal, and death is only a horizon; and a horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight. ~Rossiter Worthington Raymond

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mark,

You continue to be an inspiration. Enjoy Spring Break, we are still waiting for spring here in NH :) Cheryl

Anonymous said...

HEY MARK, AS USUAL LOVE TO GET THE 'BLOG'. FUNNY CARTOON! REALLY LIKE THE NEIL YOUNG SONG. KNOW YOU ARE ENJOYING THE BREAK, AND WILL BE GLAD TO GET ON WITH THE LAST SESSION. TAKE CARE. LOVE YOU! MOM

Anonymous said...

I needed your blog today!

Shyla

Anonymous said...

Mark - as usual your blog is full of interesting info. Yes, we are sorry about Dustin's grandma, too. She was a neat lady and I'm glad my path crossed with hers so that I got a chance to meet her. Slowly getting spring here....sure makes a difference when the weather starts warming up. Enjoy your spring break.............so glad you are in school and doing so great.

About This Blog said...

Hey - peace yourself! You deserve a week to bum around in - thanks for your blog - you are such a good writer, the journalism school will just have to read this to know they want you!
Marie